Friday, July 1, 2011

My thoughts on the last class session (6/30)

                I really do admire John Wesley and how he stated that faith should show outward action. Yet, I still have a hard time understanding this concept of holiness. A life empowered by the Holy Spirit that enables them to sin no more? Is that really possible? I guess to some degree a person receiving the Holy Spirit will be convicted to let go of bad habits and such. I do agree though that Christians should strive for holiness and if there is sin, they would attempt to remove it. But, is it possible as a human being to reach this kind of holiness, where we stop sinning? Anyhow, I really do appreciate John Wesley’s concern for the outward action of faith, especially for serving the poor. I do certainly agree that people who become Christians should be moved to perform acts of compassions.

No comments:

Post a Comment